Making a Commitment
The Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health is a voluntary commitment and we are pleased to welcome back 3 former signatories– Devon County Council, Newquay-based Happy Days Nurseries and Reed Group - who have taken up the Charter once again. Other employers who have signed the Charter in the last few weeks are:
Cardiff Third Sector Council
Foster and Brown Research Ltd Cirencester
J Tomlinson Beeston Nottingham
National Marine Aquarium Plymouth
St. Barnabas Lincolnshire Hospice
The Laurels Morganstown Ltd Cardiff
The Queen's Nursing Institute Scotland Edinburgh
The STC Group Romford, Essex
UCU (University & College Union) London
Warrington Borough Council
YPI Counselling Basingstoke
Since MINDFUL EMPLOYER began in 2004, over 1,680 employers have been a Charter signatory at some point – visit the Charter page for more information and a list of the current signatories.
70 Charter signatories have now signed upto MINDFUL EMPLOYER Plus meaning that over 6,000 people will be able to accessa 24/7 Staff Helpline and a Managerial Adviceline. Costing signatories just £1 per employee per year + VAT, MINDFUL EMPLOYER Plus is just one of a number of special offers and discounts for Charter signatories.
MINDFUL EMPLOYER in Italy
MINDFUL EMPLOYER is delighted to have been invited to present at Fifth Annual Disability Matters Europe Conference in Parma, Italy on 9-10 October. This important corporate event, attracting business delegates from across Europe, will feature leading disability experts from corporations, academia, non-governmental organisations and governments from across the continent.
Sharing Good Practice
Bootle-based Sovini Group provide a range of initiative to support the mental wellbeing of their staff – maybe there’s some ideas for your organisation:
• Employee Assistance Programme available to all staff and their families which includes counselling (face to face / telephone etc)
• Occupational Health Advisor on site once a fortnight. Employees are able to self-refer if required.
• Feel Good Programme e.g. Mental Health Awareness week (massages, Yoga, Mental Health charity talk, laughology), Sovini Games (week-long series of team building events).
• Meditation sessions every fortnight during lunch hour.
• Mindfulness programme (for Executive Management Team).
• Excellent office environment including a gym, bistro, quiet room.
• Work/Life Balance Charter encouraging all staff to develop a healthy and productive work/life balance, which includes encouraging not sending emails outside of work hours.
• 5 ways to well-being
• Reward and Recognition schemes – e.g. Show Some Love (anonymous compliments on Valentine’s Day), Employee of the Month, Customer compliments, Birthday cards, staff socials.